2021 Graduation Ceremony Guidelines and Expectations
- Graduates will recieve six (6) tickets for family members / guests. Each Ticket will be verified for authenticity at the entrance gates.
- Graduates (and guests), should arrive at Gene Cox Stadium at least one hour before his/her ceremony begins. Please allow for traffic as the ceremony will start on time.
The parking lot will open at 6:30 p.m. and the stadium will open at 7 p.m.
The commencement ceremony will begin promptly at 8:00 p.m.
- In order to ensure the safety of each graduate, we are asking that all graduates wear flat shoes that are well secured to the feet.
- Shoes with high-heels are NOT permitted on the Gene Cox Staium Field/Astroturf.
- Although this is an outdoor event, masks will be provided and are optional for graduates and guests.
Each graduate MUST bring his/her cap, 2021 tassel, and gown in order to be allowed to enter the graduation line-up and ceremony.
- Please ensure proper nutrition, hydration and personal care needs are addressed before attending the ceremony as no vending opportunities will be available.Participating graduates will be pre-screened for cell phones, cameras, and electronic devices before entering Gene Cox Stadium.
- All LCS Student Code of Conduct expectations and polices will be strictly enforced.
- Cell phones, cameras, and electronic devices will NOT be permitted on Gene Cox Stadium field. Only graduates and graduation sponsors will be permitted on Gene Cox Stadium field.
- Smoking, vaping and alcoholic beverages will NOT be allowed during this LCS sponsored event.The Class of 202 Grad-fan (paper fan) will be used to request assistance while seated on the Gene Cox Stadium field.
- NOT adhering to these expectations and procedures may jeopardize the receipt of a student’s high school diploma.
- For graduates and guests before and after each ceremony:
Please tune-in and call-in to the Real Talk 93.3 radio show to share and listen to congratulatory messages.
Graduates and guests are encouraged to share his/her graduation experience via social media AFTER the ceremony. Please use #LCSGrads2021 when tagging pictures.
- Graduates and guests will be asked to vacate the premises at the end of each ceremony.