School Choice for the 2019/20 school year has ended!
If you are approved, please visit the website of your approved school for their directions to register.
You will need to register your child with the documents listed below no later than June 28th.
KINDERGARTEN – 12th Grade
- Copy of certified birth certificate *
- Current health physical signed by your healthcare provider (dated not more than 12 months prior to the start of school in August)
- Immunization record up to date, signed by your healthcare provider
- Two current proofs of your address: Provide two (2) of the following items, one required from A & one from B category
- A: mortgage statement, or lease agreement; current Homestead Exemption card;
- B: driver’s license, home insurance bill, vehicle registration, electric deposit payment receipt or current utility bill dated within 30 days
If you are enrolling into Leon County Schools and you are coming from a Private, Charter, Home School, Virtual School, Out of County or Out of State you will also need to provide a copy of your most recent report card, most recent standardized test results and transcript to the school you have been approved for upon enrollment. If you are coming from 8th to 9th it must show proof of promotion upon enrollment. Please do not send the school choice office any of the required documentation, you will provide that to your new school upon enrollment before June 28th.
*Your child must be five on or before September 1st to be eligible for kindergarten. If you have a first grader, under Florida law your child must be six on or before September 1st to enroll. We will need a copy of the kindergarten report card or letter from his or her previous school showing that your child has successfully completed kindergarten. If you have questions, please give us a call.
School Choice Board Policy 5120: You may not appeal if you were denied due to capacity. Schools that are at/overcapacity will be processed by lottery. If you were not selected for the lottery, unfortunately, the school is over capacity and received more applications than seats are available.
- You must enroll by June 28th, failure to enroll will result in the cancelation of your approval.
- Transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian unless otherwise stated.