Gwen Cherry Scholarship
The Gwen Cherry Scholarship
The Gwen Cherry Scholarship was created to enable Black female students who have demonstrated exemplary academic achievement, extra-curricular involvement, a commitment to volunteerism in the pursuit of higher education and demonstrate a passion for making the world a better place. Two scholarships in the amount of one thousand dollars each are available for students meeting the prescribed criteria. The scholarship is open to students admitted to Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, Florida State University, or Tallahassee Community College.
METHOD OF SELECTION
Recipients will be selected based on the following eligibility requirements.
- Must be a graduate of a Leon or Wakulla County high school and will attend one of the institutions listed above.
- Must be a female of African descent.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Must provide proof of involvement in school and community service activities.
- Must write a 450 to 500-word, typed and double-spaced essay identifying their thoughts on how the COVID-19 pandemic will change higher education, and specifically teaching and learning, in the future?
Applications must be postmarked no later than Saturday, February 13, 2021.
CLICK HERE for the full packet!