Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship
The Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is the largest undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation’s best four-year colleges and universities. In addition to the monetary award, Cooke Scholars receive comprehensive educational advising, significant cohort-based programming, and graduate school funding, as well as a thriving network of over 2,700 fellow Cooke Scholars and alumni.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in spring 2021.
- Fall College Enrollment – Intend to enroll in an accredited four-year college beginning in fall 2021.
- GPA – Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Income – Demonstrate unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. Last year’s cohort of new college scholarship recipients had a median family income of approximately $35,000.
- Test Policy – This year, the Cooke Foundation will not require applicants to submit test scores for the College Scholarship Program application, and we will be “test blind” in the review process.
THE APPLICATION CLOSES ON OCTOBER 30, 2020 AT 11:59 PM IN YOUR LOCAL TIME ZONE.