2019_20 Schoolwires Calendar Import file
2019_20 Schoolwires Calendar Import steps
Hello Techs, to simplify the process of updating the Schoolwirescalendar for your school to include all of the dist calendars of events, here is the link to access the 2018-19 CSV District Calendar file to import the district calendar of events into Schoolwires easily. You can choose to remove any events you don't want to be imported prior to importing.
When importing, simply select the Outlook format (Don't create a new import configuration, it just replicates existing formats)
Detaile step by Step instructions:
How to import the district Calendar events to your sites school calendar
The district calendar import file has to be created and posted prior to this process being done. The file contains EVERYTHING in the dist calendar, so there might be some events your site doesn’t want so before you import,
- Simply download the file (.CSV) (See below)
- Filter and sort the columns by either subject or category column
- Just delete any events you don’t want in the calendar for your school.
- Here are the Category ID numbers for ease
Getting the import file
- Here is what the Dist calendar CSV file looks like sorted by category and then subject so you can see if there is anything you want to delete
- To get the .CSV file simply open your Schools Files and Folders (Under TOOLS tab)and select the Shared Library and locate the 1819LCS Calendar_SiteDirecorImport file.csv in the calendar import folder.
If for some reason you are unable to see or locate the Shared Library below, the direct link to the file is here: https://www.leonschools.net/cms/lib/FL01903265/Centricity/shared/calendar import/1819 LCS_Calendar_ SiteDirectorImport file.csv
Importing the Calendar File
- Open your sites calendar app and select the Import Events
- Select your modified downloaded file (after you removed any events you don’t want)
- Choose the Outlook Export mapping
- Preview your events and then import
- If you decide you do not want these events, you can simply “Undo Import”