Leon County Schools NEW Student Enrollment
Using Google Chrome or Firefox, you must first register for a Parent Account: https://leon.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/auth/
This is for:
- Any student applying to LCS for the first time AFTER 2015 and did NOT go through school choice.
- Students NEVER in LCS schools (including Charter and PK)
- Students moving in from out of state.
- Students who have always been in private school.
Parents will follow the online directions to create an account and then complete registration for the upcoming school year (2021-2022).
Current or Returning LCS Students:
Parents of current or returning LCS students:
If you have moved into our zone, or have been approved for reassignment, send your child’s name, your contact information and proof of residency to Kim Kennett, our registrar, at email@example.com, fax to (850) 487-2416, or call (850) 488-0923 to schedule an appointment.
Also, please withdraw your child from their current school.
What items are needed to complete the registration process for school?In addition to the Online Student Registration, we will need:
- a copy of the student’s certified birth certificate
- the student's social security number (optional)
- proof of health examination from your physician’s office dated AFTER 8/1/2020
- a certificate of immunization from your physician’s office or county health department
- any court documents pertaining to custody (if applicable)
- two proofs of your address such as:
- lease or rental agreement, mortgage payment, property tax record or homestead exemption, AND
- recent utility bill, utility hookup or transfer statement, or driver’s license.
- Complete Parent Input Form (choose appropriate form located on the right side of this page for your child's grade)
Due to the fact that schools are currently closed to visitors, please scan and email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you may fax them to (850) 487-2416. In your email or fax, please include:
- Child’s first and last name and date of birth
- Both parent’s/guardian’s first and last names
- Parent Contact Information – phone & email
- Read the questions and answers below to prepare before coming in to register your child.
If you have any questions, please email Kim Kennett at email@example.com
What if I live with another person and don’t have a lease or mortgage?If you live with another person and the home mortgage or lease is in their name, complete the Affidavit of Residency and Homeowner’s-Renter’s Acknowledgement forms (both will need to be notarized). Affidavit & Homeowners acknowledgement forms are located at the top right hand side of this page
Submit these forms with the homeowner’s lease or mortgage information, along with your driver’s license and another piece of mail with your name and address on them.
After I have gotten my student registered for school, what do I do next?Our Back-to-School Orientation is TBD.
Do you provide before and/or after school child care?Yes, we do offer a fee based program. Information is available on our website. Summer camp is also available by the week. Our Extended Day Director is Ms.Colleen Drake; you may contact her at 850.487.2397 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or register.