KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION BEGINS
Monday, April 3, 2017,
AT BUCK LAKE ELEMENTARYFOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Please share this information with your neighbors in the Buck Lake Elementary School zone, as packets will be given only to those in our school zone or approved to attend through the Reassignment Office by letter of approval.
Use this link to verify your school zone:
IN ADDITION TO FILLING OUT THE REGISTRATION PACKET THAT YOU MAY PICK UP AT THE FRONT OFFICE, YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION:· Two proofs of address – must include one of the following: mortgage statement; property tax record, homestead exemption, lease/rental agreement; and one other form such as most recent electric/utility bill or driver’s license.
· Certified birth certificate (not hospital copy) we will make copy here
· Current health physical, completed after August 2016 (Physician provides this form.)
· Immunization record (Physician provides this form.) *
· 5 DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussus)
· 4 Polio
· 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
· 3 Hepatitis B
· 2 Varicella (chickenpox)*Before entering kindergarten, children must have a complete, up-to-date immunization record on file at school. It is not too early to make sure your child has received all immunizations needed for kindergarten entry.
Please contact your child’s doctor or call the Department of Health – Leon (Leon County Health Department) at (850) 606-8020 to schedule an immunization appointment. Childhood immunizations needed for school attendance are free at the health department.Once your child has received the immunizations needed for kindergarten, please bring the immunization record, on a Florida Certification of Immunization Form (DH 680 form), to our school office.You may start the registration process before you have all the above, but you must supply everything before students can be assigned to a homeroom.(Students will find out who their homeroom teacher is at the school wide Orientation in August.)Please join our listserv for more information by visiting: