SAIL High School Mission and Goals Statement
Our Mission is to provide an educational choice for high school students in Leon County. By way of an innovative, high-quality, respectful and caring environment, SAIL seeks to provide a diverse student population with the foundation necessary to become responsible citizens in a global community.
Community of Respect—Continue our safe, caring and respectful school climate.
Literacy—Increase our knowledge and critical thinking skills by reading and writing in every discipline.
Health/Fitness-Students and staff will move more, eat healthy foods and get more mentally and physically fit.
College and Career Readiness- All SAIL graduates will be academically ready and eligible to pursue their postsecondary goals.
Community Outreach—SAIL will communicate who we are to other schools and to the community through our actions and deeds. Students will create opportunities to serve others in the community.
The Arts—Students will be exposed to the arts and find their “inner artist”. They will become actively involved in the arts through school-wide activities and community outreach.
Going Greener – SAIL will recycle, reuse, and reduce to shrink our carbon footprint. We will also garden, compost and become more energy efficient.
STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math – Sail will offer coursework, support, and educational options which will encompass the tenets of the sciences.
Cultural Diversity – The SAIL community will promote an atmosphere of cultural acceptance and awareness.
Respect is the guiding principle of our school. We expect everyone to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Respect your fellow humans. No bullying, put-downs, gossip or abusive/ insulting language or harassment, including on Social Media. This includes all forms of sexual, racial, national origin, disability or other forms of discrimination or harassment.
- Be true to yourself and others. No lying, forgery, cheating, or plagiarism.
- Respect everyone’s right to learn, work, and teach. No disrupting classes. No sleeping in class.
- Let’s keep our campus beautiful. No littering, graffiti, or destruction of property. No food or drinks in class.
- Be aware of your classmates with food allergies.
- Come to school. No skipping or being late to class.
- Expand your vocabulary. Eschew vulgar language.
- Learn to resolve differences creatively. No fighting or weapons.
- Give your body a chance. No smoking, alcohol, or drugs.
- Respect yourself, peers, staff, teachers, and neighborhood