Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School year is now open. Please follow the instructions below. All documents must be submitted in .PDF format. Once all documents are gathered and ready to submit, you may contact our registrar at (850) 488-1756 and submit all documents via email to email@example.com.
Parents/Guardians of Future LCHS Students:
Welcome you to the Lawton Chiles High School (LCHS) Registration Process! It is our goal to make registering your student and selecting courses as seamless as possible. In order to do this, please review the information below carefully to complete your student’s registration. We cannot enroll your student until all requirements have been met and all registration materials have been received. (See below for office hours and registration instructions.)
To enroll at LCHS, you have the option of emailing all of the necessary documents (see directions below) or bringing them to the school in person on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Please make sure that you have completed Step 1 of the enrollment process and have all necessary documents listed in Step 2 upon arrival.
If you are unsure as to whether or not you are in the LCHS Zone, please check the Leon County Schools District’s website for the School Zone Lookup located under the “Parents and Students" Tab.
Who Needs to Enroll?
- Private School Students
- Out-of-State or Out-of-County Students
- Home School Students re-entering public school (you must first withdraw from Home School and provide LCHS with all of the necessary registration documentation)
- Re-assigned students - must still provide LCHS with two proofs of residency
Please note the following registration exceptions:
- If your student is currently in the 8th grade at a Leon County Middle or Charter School, Leon County Schools Policy 5120 states that you must provide proof of residency to your student's middle school before promotion to the 9th grade. Once you have provided this documentation to the Middle or Charter School, your student will automatically be enrolled at the school they are zoned for based on residency for the 2021-2022 school year. (The only exception to this will be if you have applied for and been approved for school choice; in which case you will be enrolled at the school for which you were approved.)
- If your student is currently enrolled in the 9th - 11th grade at a Leon County High School and you have moved into the LCHS Zone, you will need to update your residency with your student's current school. During the summer, you will automatically be enrolled at CHS for the 2021-2022 school year.
Please follow the instructions for registration below:
2021-2022 STUDENT REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
MUST BE SUBMITTED BY A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN
Parent or legal guardian enrolling student must live in the Lawton Chiles High School (LCHS) designated School Zone. A “School Zone Lookup” is available on the Leon County School District’s website under Parents and Students tab. Anyone other than a parent attempting to enroll a minor student must show proof of legal guardianship.
STEP 1: Online Registration Form
- See the Leon County School District’s Website and click on the Red “A+” at the top of the page for all on-line enrollment instructions and options. (If you applied for School Choice/Reassignment, you DO NOT need to complete the application again. You do, however, need to provide the remaining documents to LCHS).
STEP 2: Gather all documents
- Scan the required documents as individual PDFs and attach them to ONE email to the LCHS Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, student’s name/grade, and the best phone number to reach you if we have questions.
- Please DO NOT send pictures or JPEG images, as they cannot be read adequately. This will slow down your enrollment process. Go to www.leonschools.net/Page/44677 to obtain information on how to upload documents to your phone if you cannot scan the necessary documents.
- Documents required for enrollment are listed below. Your student’s enrollment WILL NOT be completed until ALL documents have been received. Please attach all documents to ONE email if possible.
- STUDENT’S OFFICIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- PARENT/GUARDIAN DRIVER’S LICENSE or State issued Photo ID (used to verify identity of individual registering student) – Only a Parent or Legal Guardian may register a student. GUARDIAN PAPERWORK – only required if you are not the parent as recorded on the student’s official birth certificate.
- TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY (You must present these even if you are reassigned)
- Present one = Signed Lease/Mortgage/Property Tax Record/Homestead Exemption
- Present one = Utility Bill/Vehicle Registration/Medical Insurance Statement/Renter’s Insurance Statement
- IMMUNIZATION RECORD - HRS 680 (must be a Florida Shot record on form HRS 680 - can be obtained from Health Dept. or Doctor’s office)
- HEALTH CERTIFICATE – School physical dated within one year of enrolling in Leon County Schools
- CURRENT REPORT CARD AND TRANSCRIPT - This is needed to ensure that your student is placed at the appropriate grade level courses. It must show proof of promotion. For pre-registration (prior to the end of the school year), provide the most recent 9 week report card. Students going into grades 10-12 must also provide a current transcript. Home School students must provide certified grades and/or portfolio reviews of any high school level classes taken.
- STANDARDIZED TEST RESULTS – students must provide most recent test results
- WITHDRAWAL FORM FROM PREVIOUS SCHOOL - not required when advancing from another Leon Co. School, however you must provide a LETTER OF TERMINATION of HOME EDUCATION PROGRAM if home schooled.
- NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS OF PREVIOUS SCHOOL - must be provided for all students enrolling.
STEP 3: Once all documents have been received and accepted, you will receive an email from the LCHS Registrar regarding the next steps for course selection.
Please call the Registrar at (850) 488-1756 if you have any questions. At this time, all appointments are taking place by phone or video call.
“The Leon County School District does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex (including transgender, gender nonconforming, and gender identity), marital status, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or genetic information.”
Check your student’s grades and attendance from your smart phone!
Download the free Leon County District Schools FOCUS app. Register Today!
Having problems with CLASSLINK? Refresh your Cache!
Transcripts: If you need an unofficial grade history for scholarship/college purposes, then you can obtain that by clicking on "Grades" in your FOCUS account and printing out the "Grades" page.
Scan from inside the One Drive app on iOS and Android: https://bit.ly/3b2CVGt