Distance Learning Information
Phase 2 of distance learning will begin on April 13th, 2020. During this phase, teachers will assign their own work for students that will be graded and will make up the student's 4th 9 weeks grade. Please visit each teacher's website on how to access and submit assignments.
Office Hours: Students may log onto Zoom to ask questions about assignments or receive technical help. For security purposes, students should check their email for zoom meeting information.
- Monday: 10 am - 12 pm - (Due to a priority engagement, office hours for Monday, 4/13 will be held from 2 pm - 4 pm)
- Tuesday: 12 pm -2 pm
- Wednesday: 2 pm - 4 pm
- Thursday: 5 pm -7 pm
- Friday: 12 pm - 2 pm
Primary means of communication:
1. Remind (see instructions on how to sign up below). This is the most convenient means of communication since it is texting. I will send out short blasts to indicate that there is a longer email waiting in their inbox or to remind about zoom meetings and due dates. Students may also ask quick questions through remind. To be able to text me back, students should indicate that they are over 13 years old when asked for their birthday.
To join remind, send your class code (which you can find below) to the phone number 81010. Or, you may log into the app and enter the class code that way. Please remember to set your birthday so you are over 13 years old (otherwise you will not be able to respond to my messages).
- 1st period code: @mccune1st
- 2nd period code: @mccune2nd
- 3rd period code: @mccune3rd
- 4th period code: @mccune4th
- 5th period code: @mccune5th
- 6th period code: @mccune6th
**All messages sent through Remind will also be sent through email. (see below)
2. Email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Students are also able to send me an email through Outlook. They can access Outlook by logging into Classlink, opening the Office365 tile, and opening Outlook.
3. Teams: (see video below on how to access and use teams)
How to access, complete and turn in assignments:
1. Best Method: Microsoft Teams (accessible through the Office 365 tile in classlink). Through Teams, students will be able to access their assignments, complete them in teams by typing their answers, and submit directly through Teams. Please see videos 1 and 2 below on how to use Teams to omplete assignments. Printed assignments may be scanned with the OneDrive app and uploaded into the teams app on a smarthone or tablet. Please see video 3 for instructions.
2. My Teacher Website: All assignments on Teams will also be posted on my Daily assignments page for each class. You may download each assignment and print them. Students may complete by hand and may scan them into Teams (see Teams instructional video below) or can email them to me.
3. Paper copies of all assignments will be available in the front office. For your convenience and SAFETY, anf the convenience and safety of our office staff, please call a day ahead to have a paper copy printed for you. Bins for completed assignments will be placed outside the front office to turn them in. Assignments turned in by paper will not be graded in a timely manner as the paper will be isolated until any live virus located on the papers is no longer active. I ask that you make every effort to send digital copies of assignments to me to minimize exposure risk. Please see video 3 below.
**OneDrive and Teams are free smartphone/tablet apps that can be used to take pics of papers and convert them into PDFs. The PDFs are then saved in their OneDrive Folder in Office 365. Students may submit them digitally either by uploading them to the assignment in Teams or by emailing it to me.
- Accessing Classlink, school email, and Office365 from home: https://youtu.be/9Iv7amhu0go
- How to access and complete assignments in Teams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqHTtxq7JXU&feature=youtu.be
- How to scan paper work and turn it in digitally using a phone or tablet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PshKWU986TQ&list=PLhrrLVxyXD3sEzP_aJ_aicqSftT95GeGF&index=3
- Using Microsoft Teams.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCE5suGa6uw
- How to access Video Conferences through Teams: https://youtu.be/7K1MlYhEa7g
- How to use Chat in Teams to talk to your teachers: https://youtu.be/dbhOzj_ydOA