The Medical Assisting (MA) program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) and is designed to prepare students for employment in various medical settings, such as a physician’s office, clinics and certain hospital settings. The medical assisting program at Lively Technical Center has an employer satisfaction rate of 90.62% over the past five years. This program requires full-time enrollment
Applicants seeking admission to the Medical Assisting Program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the projected time of program completion.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
To apply for acceptance into the Medical Assisting Program students must:
- Complete the Lively Student Online Application. (This application is required for all Lively students) This application can be completed here.
- Complete the Medical Assisting Application Packet (see below).
The Medical Assisting Application Packet must include:
- Health Education Student Information Sheet. This form is available as an interactive PDF here. A printed copy must be submitted with the application packet.
- Three current reference letters:
- Two professional references (recent employers, former teachers, counselors, etc.)
- One personal reference (may not be family member)
- TABE Test Official Results or exemption (see below for more information)
- Student Health Assessment Form signed by a healthcare provider. This can be uploaded via the Lively Student Online Application or submitted with the application packet.
- Official High School Transcript
- Receipt of payment for a LCS Level 2 Criminal Background Check at the student’s expense.* In order to participate in the mandatory clinical practicum, as well as to obtain licensure, students must have a clear background.
* No refunds will be issued.
Medical Assisting Mission Statement
The Medical Assisting (MA) Program is committed to providing a high standard of quality medical assisting education to all of our students. This will be accomplished by providing a good foundation in basic medical assisting knowledge and skills, critical thinking and personal qualities. Through cooperative team efforts, our graduate medical assistants will: be successful in their certification requirements; be prepared for entry level medical assisting positions; adopt measures that ensure the safe practice of medical assisting; show sensitivity to cultural diversity; promote health habits that contribute to total wellness; and, become lifelong learners.