Last Update: January 11, 2019
- January 15: PTA Meeting, 6:00
- January 16: Report cards go home
- January 17: Honor Roll assembly, 10:00-10:30
- January 21: MLK Day, no school
- January 23: Boosterthon kickoff
- January 28-February 1: Celebrate Literacy Week
- February 1: Boosterthon Fun Run
Welcome to 5th grade Math and Science! Please use this website for information about what we're learning in class as well as class and grade level updates.
What we're learning this week:
- Math: We have begun Chapter 6: Adding and Subtracting Fractions with Unlike Denominators. We have started the mid-chapter quiz and will take a little bit of time Monday morning to finish it before moving on to adding and subtracting mixed numbers in the upcoming week.
- Science: We have begun our unit on the solar system. We've started by talking about the inner and outer planets. In the upcoming week, we will compare and contrast the inner and outer planets as well as learn about comets, asteroids, and meteoroids.
*Other reminders: I am doing math help on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:00-8:25. Students are eligible to retake their math tests within 2 school weeks of the original test to improve their scores.