We have moved to an online registration form for the 2019-2020 school year. If your child is currently enrolled in any Leon County school (INCLUDING pre-k and charter schools), you do NOT need to complete a new registration form. The online registration form is only for:
- Students NEVER enrolled in any LCS site (public, charter, or pre-k)
- Students not enrolled in an LCS school since 2015
- Students who did NOT enroll through the school choice office
- Students moving to Leon County from out of the state
- Students who have only ever attended a private school
How do I register my children?
Students NEW to Leon County Schools must complete an online registration form (CLICK HERE to access the online form) If your student is already enrolled in our system, but they are changing schools, you must bring proof of your address to your current school showing that you've moved into the Hartsfield Elementary school zone. Your student will automatically be transferred to our school, and you will have the opportunity to update your child's registration information through the FOCUS parent portal at the beginning of the school year.
You can find which schools your residence is zoned for by using the School Zone Lookup Tool on the school district's website.
For information about School Choice and Reassignment options, visit the school district's School Choice Office website. Leon County Schools offers reassignment for sibling support, grandfathering, over to under capacity, and hardship. The School Choice deadline was March 1, 2019.
What other items are needed to complete the registration process?
If you are registering your student for the first time, the following documents are required to be submitted to Hartsfield:
- a copy of the student’s birth certificate
- proof of health examination from your physician’s office dated between 9/1/2018 and 8/11/2019
- a Florida certification of immunization from your physician’s office or county health department
- any court documents pertaining to custody (if applicable)
- two proofs of your address such as:
- lease or rental agreement, mortgage payment, property tax record or homestead exemption, AND
- recent utility bill, utility hookup or transfer statement, or driver’s license.
If your student's residency situation meets the definition of homelessness, you will also be provided the opportunity to complete the Student Residency Form.
How do I find out about bus routes?
Updated bus route information will be on our website sometime in early August. You may also go to the Leon County Schools website and click on the "Find Your Bus Route" link.
How do I find out about school nutrition?
School lunch menu information is located on the Leon County Schools website under the link “School Lunch Menu.” You can also sign up to have school menus emailed to you automatically.