LCS 2021-2022 School Health Plan
Plan Highlights: School Operations
Start Dates -
- Teachers to return on Monday, August 2.
- Students to return on Wednesday, August 11.
- Middle and High Schools will operate under a regular, 6 period schedule. (Except SAIL)
- Fully operational, including hot lunches.
Visitors on Campus – (Effective Tuesday, October 19, 2021)
- For Pre-K - 12th grade, visitors, volunteers, mentors, vendors, or any non-district employee will be allowed on campus during the school day, on condition that they are providing a service to the school.
- Due to the lack of space in many of our cafeterias, parents will not be allowed to have lunch with their student on school campuses through the end of the calendar year. We will revisit allowing parents to have lunch with their student in 2022.
- Please contact your student's school for their specific visitors/volunteers/mentors/vendors sign-in procedures and other school-site specific protocols.
Field Trips –
- At the elementary and middle school level, field trips will resume on Tuesday, October 19, 2021.
- At the high school level, field trips will resume the first nine weeks.
Locker use –
- Students will be able to use lockers.
Facility rentals –
- Open for all use
Plan Highlights: Health & Safety
- Per Florida Statute law, HB 1B, the Leon County Schools District may not require students to wear face masks or any other facial coverings; however, parents at their sole discretion may allow their child to wear a face mask or any other facial covering. We continue to strongly encourage our students to wear a face mask while indoors.
- Face masks are optional, but highly encouraged for Mentors, Partners, and Volunteers while indoors.
COVID-19 Positive Protocols -
- Click to open COVID-19 Positive Protocols (Will open in a seperate tab).
- Report any positive case/test to your student's school. For questions email Leonschoolcovid@flhealth.gov
Communication of Positive Cases -
- Parents will be notified of positive cases in their student's class(es) via their FOCUS Parent Portal.
- Are available to everyone 5 and older.
- If fully vaccinated*, no further testing or quarantine required
- *Fully vaccinated =(14 days after last dose)
- You may not ask if someone is vaccinated, but can advise on protocols for quarantine and exposure.
- For students, please see Quarantine – Exposure Protocol (link will open in a seperate tab).
Temperature Checks –
- Teachers can check temperatures in classrooms prior to sending them to the clinic (as needed).
Fever Free Procedure –
- Students MUST be fever free (under 100º) without medication for 48 hours in order to return to school.
School Clinic Protocols –
- Masks may be used in clinics for any student exhibiting any illness (fever, sneezing, coughing, etc.).
- In an abundance of caution, students exhibiting any COVID or Influenza-like symptoms will be sent home immediately and can return when symptoms subside.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Immune Compromised Students -
- The medical management plan created by the student’s M.D. will be followed by the R.N. assigned to the school.
Sanitation Procedures –
- Daily sanitation measures are practiced at all of our facilities.
Student School Work While on Quarantine –
- Please visit the Academic Services Quarantine Support website: https://www.leonschools.net/Page/53546
- Buses will be sanitized daily.