Welcome to the Roberts Media Center Online Classroom, a special page to use while we're learning from home. Here you'll find some great reading resources, along with news from our Media Center. I'm sure that all of our Ravenous Red Fox readers are continuing to READ, READ, READ even though you're not able to come to the media center every day. I miss you all SO very much!!! I would love to hear from you. If your parents will help you, send an email any time to email@example.com and let me know how you're doing and what you're reading.
* Meg Hearn for reading all 15 of the SSYRA books!!
* Jonah Donahue for reading all 15 of the SSYRA books!!
* Kynslie Brown for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Everett Lilly for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Parker Fitch for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Levi Harris for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Rosie Gibbens for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Vivian Gibbens for getting a Book Bingo!!
* Juliette Gibbens for getting a Book Bingo!!
SUNSHINE STATE YOUNG READERS AWARD
* Here are the 2020-21 SSYRA books for grades 3-5. This list is for our current third and fourth grade friends, as well as our second grade friends because you'll get to participate in this contest next year!
* If you want to see a list of the 2020-21 nominated book titles with their AR levels, click HERE.
* Our fifth grade friends can start working on the 2020-21 SSYRA titles for grades 6-8. Your middle school media specialist will be impressed if you start the school year having already read some of the books!
I hope you'll enjoy playing Book Bingo as you select books to read. Just print the Book Bingo form and fill in the title as you read a book that fits the description. If you fill in all the squares either horizontally, diagonally, or vertically, you'll get BINGO! If you do, let me know so that I can add your name to our Celebration Station at the top of this page.
Here are some links that you might find helpful.
* Destiny Quest. This is the online catalog of books available in our media center.
* AR Bookfinder. Use this site to find book levels and AR quiz numbers for any book you read.
* Popular Books. This is a list of books by grade level that are popular at our school.
* Tumblebooks. This site has books that you can read online, along with quizzes and activities. These are not AR quizzes. They won't count toward your AR goal. You can access Tumblebooks through Classlink.
* MackinVIA. One of my favorite book vendors has opened their ebook collection of almost 5000 titles to our students during our distance learning period. Take a look!
* Epic!. This is large library of popular books on all reading levels, both fiction and nonfiction. The AR levels are included. You can read the book, go to AR Bookfinder to get the quiz number, then go to AR to take the quiz. Your teacher may have already set up a class account and sent you the password. If not, your parent can set up an account for you. This resource will be available until June.
* MyON. A database of over 6,000 books. The search feature allows you to really focus on the book(s) you want. There is a short quiz at the end of each book. You can also click on a link to take you to the actual AR quiz. You can access MyON through Classlink. This resource will be available through June 30.
* Leon County Public Library. You can visit your public library online to download books with your library card. If you don't have a Leon County library card, your parents can help you get one by registering here.
* KidLit.TV. You'll enjoy books read to you by authors. There is also a variety of fun book-related activities.
* World Book Encyclopedia Online. This can be accessed through Classlink. You can read about all sorts of things you're interested in!
BOOKS CURRENTLY CHECKED OUT
We still have a lot of library books that need to be returned. We will continue to have a bin outside the office door in which books can be dropped throughout the summer. If you can't find the book, you may mail a check to the school. Please contact Mrs. Sever, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
If you need some books to read, stop by our Lending Library in the front of the school. New books are added almost every day. Take what you want and return them when you're finished. Remember to use appropriate sanitizing methods (hand sanitizer is available) and practice safe distancing if other families are there.