Please do not continue working on district science packet. If your student has been working on science district packet, they can take photos of the completed pages and send them to me via one of the methods of contact below. To catch up on the online science assignments, please follow this link: https://www.leonschools.net/Page/42880
Remind App: Codes are in "Student Resources" tab
Google Voice Phone: (850) 583-4405 *You can call or text*
Message or Video Conference: Microsoft Teams *via Classlinks*
Teacher instagram: @narvaez_thesciwiz
Happy 4th Quarter Falcons! New quarter, new experiences for both you and me.
As we begin to approach distance learning, please refer to this website for announcements and assignments. I will do my best to meet your needs as a student and make this transition as smooth as possible.
Below is some important information about our VIRTUAL class. We will be using Teams (found in Classlinks through Office 365) for primary communication and assignments. Announcements will be posted to Remind App as well.
We are approaching the end of the school year and it is important for you, your parent/guardian, and I to continue to work together. COMMUNICATION is essential, therefore, any questions or concerns, please let me know as soon as possible.
I will be having office hours Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-3:00pm. The purpose of these hours is to check in on you, answer any questions/concerns, or help you with anything else you need. If you are not available during these hours, please email me and set up an appointment with a date/time that works best.
Students are required to check in with me at least once a week as an ATL grade. A check-in requires the student to let me know how they are doing. This can be done through: Microsoft Teams, Remind, Email on Outlook, or phone call or text through my Google Voice phone number listed in my contact information.
Assignments will be posted in the "Assignment" tab. Each week you will have 2-3 assignments. Grades will be updated on Fridays. Remember, the grade breakdown is:
- Approaches to Learning (10%): This will be your "check-in's" with me via TEAM call or video conference.
- Classwork/Homework (20%): Articles, videos, and other things will be incorporated with questions to answer.
- Assessments (70%): It will be questions pertaining to content we have covered. Usually once every two weeks *time frame may be subject to change*
In order to be promoted, students must earn a minimum of 4 quality points in all core academic classes.
A= 4 pts D= 1 pt
B= 3 pts F= 0pts
C= 2 pts
You have different options to submit assignments. Please use whatever works best for you!
If the assignment is on paper, you may either:
- scan the assignment and send it to my email or text through Remind App (information on "Student Resources" tab)
- take a photo of the assignment and send it to my email or text through Remind App
- type the answers in an email or text to Remind App
- do any of these options and text to my Google Voice phone number (850)583-4405
- drop off the assignment(s) to the Front Office with your name, my name, and class subject
If the assignment is electronically, make sure to submit through the platform it was assigned.
If you have any issues completing the assignment(s), please let me know as soon as possible so we can find a solution.
I will be updating this website frequently! Please remember to check the "Announcements" tab.
You are definitely missed! See you "virtually" and make sure to stay safe!