ENROLL IN 5 EASY STEPS
STEP 1- COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION –Use the following link: https://lively.focusschoolsoftware.com/focus/apply (ACE students, former and returning Lively students skip this step)
STEP 2 -PREPARE FOR PAYMENT – Apply for the Federal Pell Grant or request documents needed for other funding methods (VA, Career Source, etc.). Students who have not established one year of residency in Florida, Georgia or Alabama will be charged Out-of-State fees. Registration will not be officially complete until tuition, registration and lab fees have been paid.
STEP 3 -ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT - The academic assessment is the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) that measures applicants' grade levels in mathematics, reading, and language. To take the TABE, pay the applicable fee ($25.00 cash, credit or debit card are all accepted), and arrive at least 15-minutes prior to testing. Be sure to bring your I.D. with you (must be at least 16 years old). If you are unsure of the program of training you wish to enter, schedule some time with our Student Services Department and view our Program Offerings. Each program has its own basic skills requirement. Information for preparing for the TABE is available in Student Services located in Building 9 or you may print the information below:
You may be exempt from the TABE testing if you:
- possess a college degree at the associate in applied science level or higher
- demonstrate readiness for public postsecondary education pursuant to F.S. 1008.30
- Earned a standard Florida public high school diploma (entered 9th grade in 2003-04 school year or any year thereafter) or earned a GED in 2014 or any year thereafter.
- passed a state or national industry certification or licensure examination identified in State Board of Education rules and aligned to the career education program which you are enrolled
- are an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Services
Proof of exemption status is required. Please see an advisor for further details.
STEP 4 -MEET WITH STUDENT SERVICES ADVISOR- Student Services will review your online enrollment information in FOCUS. You will need to provide:
- TABE assessment scores (or see above for exemption documents)
- Two proofs of Florida Residency
- Official Transcripts for High School and College (if applicable)
STEP 5 -MEET WITH FINANCIAL AID – Meet with Financial Aid and they will check for all needed financial aid documents (ISIR, verification letter, etc.) Bring proof of any additional grants, scholarships, or waivers and receive your deferment. (If you are self-pay, you may skip this step.)
TURN IN ALL PAPERWORK AT REGISTRATION (BUILDING 8) – PAY ANY APPLICABLE FEES
Photo ID and Vehicle ID are included in the cost of registration.
“The Leon County School District does not discriminate against any person on the basis of sex (including transgender status, gender nonconforming, and gender identity), marital status, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, color, pregnancy, disability, or genetic information.”