General InformationFinancial Aid GuidelinesStudents will be evaluated a minimum of two times yearly for satisfactory academic progress. Students who are receiving scholarships and awards must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress according to the Financial Aid Policies and Procedures provided at time of enrollment. These policies are independent of individual program standards of progress. Students receiving Pell Grant must meet these minimum requirements to be eligible for payment.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Fill out the 2017-18 FAFSA Application for August, 2017
**2015 tax information is required**
Lively Technical Center School Code 013997
LIVELY TECHNICAL CENTER DOES NOT PROCESS LOANS
If the IRS import tool is not available and you are unable to import your tax information, you will be required to provide an official Tax Transcript from the IRS of your (and/or parents if dependent) Official 2015 Tax Return Transcript(s) (click here for directions).
Once your FAFSA has been completed and Lively Technical Center has been listed on your application it will take 3-5 days to process and for the Financial Aid office to be able to see your FAFSA report. Log on to your FAFSA account and check your SAR for errors and/or required verifications. Please have all verification documents with you. Email LTCFinAid@leonschools.net if you have questions. Please be sure to provide your contact information within the email.
Apply or Renew for your 2017-2018 Financial Aid Today!
It’s time for you to apply or renew your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) if you are going to school between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
Two Big Changes to This Year’s FAFSA
- The FAFSA launched on October 1, three months earlier than in previous years. Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible to maximize your financial aid eligibility.
- The 2017–18 FAFSA asks for older (2015) income and tax information than in previous years. The IRS Data Retrieval Tool will remain unavailable until the start of the next FAFSA season. We regret any inconvenience. To fill out a FAFSA, you can manually input your tax information. Remember, if you’re filling out the 2017–18 FAFSA form, your 2015 tax information is required (not 2016).
Start Your FAFSA
- Go to fafsa.gov.
- Click the green “Start a New FAFSA” button.
- Enter your (the student’s) FSA ID (username and password) on the left side. Remember: Do not share your FSA ID with anyone, including your parents.
- From the “Get Started” page, click the “FAFSA Renewal” button to begin.
- Create a save key. This is a temporary password that will let you (a) return to the application later if you don’t complete it right away, and (b) share your application with your parent.
Fill Out and Submit Your FAFSA
Help is available for every question in the “Help & Hints” boxes on the FAFSA.
- Much of your information will be carried forward from last year. Review that information and update it as needed.
- Your income and tax information won’t be carried over, but you can easily transfer the information from the IRS in the “Financial Information” section. Just select that you’ve “Already completed” taxes, then click “Link To IRS.”
- Once you are done entering all your information, be sure to sign and submit the form. You aren’t done until you reach the “Confirmation Page,” which you should read carefully and save for your records.
After your receive your second email from FAFSA stating that you have a SAR (Student Aid Report), log back into FAFSA and check your SAR for corrections and verification. If you have a verification, go to www.leonschools.net/Page/24150 and fill out the appropriate 4506-T to get your official Tax Filer or Non-Tax Filer form.
Please complete your 2017-2018 FAFSA by August 4th; Apply online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov./. When prompted, enter Lively Technical Center Code – 013997.
The LTC Financial Aid Department