Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, & Heating Technology
- Identify, use, and maintain the tools and tool accessories used in the heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration industry.
- Fabricate and service the piping, tubing, and fittings used in the heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration industry.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and of the electrical components of heating, air-conditioning, and refrigeration equipment.
Program Requirements & Length
Mathematics 10 Language 9 Reading 9
Industry Certification Requirements
Students must take 3 Employment Ready Certification Exams prior to graduation. Students will be required to take Air Conditioning, Electrical, and one source of Heating (e.g. Heat Pump, Electric Heat, or Gas Heat).
Total Tuition and Fees Detail $ 3942.00 Florida Resident Tuition ($2.92 x 1350 hours) $ 600.00 Lab Fees ($200.00 per academic semester x 3) $ 225.00 Registration Fees ($75.00 per academic semester x 3) $ 4767.00 Tuition and Fees Total Textbook Estimated Cost $ 365.00 Estimated Textbook Total
LTC's Bookstore has complete book listing.
Miscellaneous Fee Detail: $ 537.50 Tool Kit with Tool Bag $ 60.00 Industry Certification Exams
- A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Helper
- A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic Assistant
- A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Mechanic
- A/C, Refrigeration and Heating Technician
- Refrigeration Technician
Employers of Graduates
- Barineau & Sons Heating & Air
- Keith Lawson Air Conditioning
- Trane of Buckeye
- Brown’s Refrigeration
- C & C Mechanical Contractors
- Leon County Schools
- Florida Air Specialists, Inc.
- Parker Services, Inc.
- Florida A&M University
- Central Heating Consultant
- Tony Kelly Heating & AC
Graduates of this program earn an average starting salary of $9.00 to $12.00 per hour.