Practical Nursing is three semesters for full-time day students, and four semesters for part-time evening students. Included is classroom instruction with concurrent clinical experiences in long-term care facilities as well as in the acute care settings. It is designed to prepare the student for licensure as a practical nurse. Chapter 464 (Nurse Practice Act) of the Florida Statutes defines the practice of practical nursing as the “performance of selected acts, including the administration of treatments and medications, in the care of the ill, injured, or infirm and promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others under the direction of a registered nurse, a licensed physician, a licensed osteopathic physician, a licensed pediatric physician, or a licensed dentist. This program requires fulltime enrollment. Night classes available.The next PN class will begin August 2018.
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Applicants seeking admission to the Practical Nursing Program must:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the projected time of program completion.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
To apply for acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program students must:
- Complete the Lively Student Online Application. (This application is required for all Lively students) This application can be completed here.
- Complete the Practical Nursing Application Packet (see below).
The Practical Nursing Application Packet must include:
- Health Education Student Information Sheet. This application is available as a PDF here. A printed copy must be submitted with the application packet.
- Three current reference letters:
- Two professional references (recent employers, former teachers, counselors, etc.)
- One personal reference (may not be a family member)
- ATI -TEAS Test Official Results (see below for acceptable scores). Test results can be uploaded via the Lively Student Online Application or submitted with the application packet.
- TABE Test Official Results or exemption (see below for more information)
- Student Health Assessment Form signed by a healthcare provider. This can be uploaded via the Lively Student Online Application or submitted with the application packet.
- Official High School Transcript
- Receipt of payment for an LCS Level 2 Criminal Background Check at the student’s expense.* In order to participate in the mandatory clinical practicum, as well as to obtain licensure, students must have a clear background.
* No refunds will be issued.
Practical Nursing Mission Statement
The Practical Nursing Program is committed to providing a high standard of quality nursing education to all students. This will be accomplished by providing a good foundation in basic nursing knowledge and skills, critical thinking and personal qualities. Through cooperative team efforts, our graduate practical nurses will be: successful in their certification requirements; be prepared for entry level nursing positions; adopt measures that ensure the safe practice of nursing; show sensitivity to cultural diversity; promote health habits that contribute to total wellness; and, become lifelong learners.